Your savory breakfast links:
- If you read yesterday's Clips, you saw our good friend Malin's translation of an interview with Nicklas Backstrom in which he cited a five-month timeline for recovery from hip surgery. And if you saw that, maybe you went and wrote a post about it without crediting Malin. Or maybe you did credit Malin. Or maybe you read Gefle Degblad every morning on your own.
[CSNW, PHT, RMNB]
- What promises to be an interesting summer for the Caps and their free agents is starting to heat up as Philipp Grubauer is brought back into the fold for another two years, perhaps signaling the end of Justin Peters' career in D.C. [Rink, Capitals, WaPo, CSNW, Patriot-News, PHT, RMNB]
- Speaking of that interesting summer, TSN.ca's Scott Cullen provides a good overview of what to expect. [TSN]
- Thoughts on the Caps' prospect pool and what they might do at next week's Draft. [HF (and Stars & Sticks has them taking the same guy in their mock draft; ours drops on Friday)]
- Player reviews wrap up for us with a look at Tom Wilson... [Rink, RMNB]
- ... while Joel Ward is under the microscope elsewhere... [Peerless, Stars & Sticks]
- ... as is Alex Ovechkin... [CSNW]
- ... who may have as many as five more records to break in 2015-16. [Stars & Sticks]
- Is the future really now? [FanPost]
- Dennis Maruk had one of the most iconic 'staches in NHL history. Why? Let him tell you. [Slapshot Diaries]
- From the Caps on Holiday files, Alexander the Gr8 suited up in a keeper's kit (plus NHL All-Star Game lid) for a celebrity charity soccer match. The game ended in a 2-2 draw and the parents of some very sick children received donations to assist with their care. [ABM Sport, Sovetsky Sport (plus photos)]
- Finally, happy 34th birthday to Alexandre Giroux, happy 37th to Dainius Zubrus, happy 61st to Tony White.