Your savory breakfast links:
- Madison Bowey wrapped up his junior career with a nifty primary assist on Kelowna's only goal in a 2-1 overtime loss to the Oshawa Generals, who now claim the title of 2015 Memorial Cup champions. Bowey was a point-per-game player during 2014-2015 and finishes with boxcars of 72-144-216 (plus-149) in 313 games, a WHL championship, a U-20 gold medal, and a pending assignment on Hershey's blueline unless he makes it impossible for the Caps to send him down. We'll see him next at Development Camp in July or possibly not until rookie camp in September.
- The South Carolina Stingrays defeated the Allen Americans 4-3 in Game One of the Kelly Cup Finals. [Caps Outsider, Stingrays (video highlights)]
- Todd-Reirden-to-be-the-HC-of-the-Devils-or-maybe-somewhere-else rumo(u)rs won't quite go away. New Jersey is reportedly ready to hire Nashville's Phil Housely, except for the part where the team issued a denial. And if Jersey passes, the AHL Amerks might have an interest. [NHL.com, Devils 101]
- Player reviews:
- The team has decisions to make regarding six important free agents... [THW]
- ... and signing Braden Holtby is Job One. [Sportsnet, RMNB]
- Do stars even matter? Alex Ovechkin doubles his team's odds, which is great, until one realizes that's a bump of a single per centum. The hottest of takes. [fivethirtyeight]