Your savory breakfast links:
- With a pair of wins sandwiching an ugly loss, there was plenty of Ups and Downs fodder from last week. [Rink]
- Tom Wilson has been playing well lately, but has nothing to show for it (other than our praise). [Rink]
- Previews of tonight's visit from the 'Canes from Vogs, NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partners over at Canes Country for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Nothing like a comeback win on the road against the Division's top seed to put a little pep in your step? [WaPo, 106.7 The Fan]
- Braden Holtby's rebound control is impressive... as in, his rebound from Saturday's stinker to Sunday's sparkler. [WaPo, CSNW]
- More leftovers from Sunday's victory. [WaPo, CSNW]
- Mike Green on his past, present and future. [NHL.com]
Barry Trotz admits that he was wrong about Alex Ovechkin
which is more than 95% of the Canadian media has been willing to do. [USA Today]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Wilson and Andre Burakovsky have each spent significant time in the Caps' top-six this year, but how much has the team relied on youth overall? [Globe and Mail]
- Hockey teams ranked by power. [ESPN, THN, The Score]
- The Bears' three stars for the week include a Caps prospect (no, not one of the ones you'd hope for). [Patriot-News]
- But Burakovsky seems to be handling himself just fine, from the scoring to the intestinal fortitude. [RMNB]
- Finally, happy 62nd birthday to Gord Lane and happy 55th to Jim McTaggart.