Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's dance with the Vogs (plus game notes), NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at In Lou We Trust for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Oh hai there once-and-future-Devils-assistant-coach Adam Oates, how does it feel to face your former team? We may never know, as assistant coaches are not permitted to speak to the media. [Fire & Ice]
- The Caps who played for Oates had a few thoughts on the eve of their reunion. [CSNW]
- Click over for the discussion of the coaching futures of Adam Oates and Scott Stevens, come back with a caption for the photo. [nj.com]
- "To me, New Jersey is the biggest game of the year and we go from there." Coach Trotz knows that the pre-postseason stretch run will require playoffs intensity. [WaPo, CSNW]
- At present there are three teams - WSH, OTT, and BOS - viably vying for the two Wild Card slots available in the Eastern conference. Here's a handy chart to track their progress. [Peerless]
- Alex Ovechkin believes his squad is ready to take the next step. [CSNW]
- Yep, this team is most definitely ready. Unless it isn't, but that's why they play the games. [RMNB, THW]
- Secondary scoring, a primary concern. [WaPo]
- Today in "Ovechkin for Hart (j/k it's all Carey Price because assists and hey, put down those pitchforks, overly-defensive Caps fans!)" [SI]
- ... but they did link to an Ovi analysis from October that was kind of interesting. [SI]
- Following up with Pittsburgh's diaspora - how have the former Pens done this season? [Pens Labyrinth]
- Eric Fehr, the bulliest bookreader. [Caps Today]
- Aw, man. Bensten Schone has his own hockey card now. [RMNB]
- Finally, happy 49th birthday to Robin Bawa.