Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's loss in LA from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Niskanen, Holtby), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, RMNB, Stars and Sticks, and from the black-and-silver end of the ice, LAKings.com, LA Daily News.
- Alex Ovechkin spent a fair amount of his ice time trying to neutralize Drew Doughty - and that one time he nearly succeeded. [RMNB]
- The wonderful (and sorely missed) Bridget sends along some of her fabulous photos from teh Staples Center. [Flickr, via @ikeastan]
- "One of his skate cut open the tape on my boot, but the track did not reach the bone." Swedish media reports that Marcus Johansson escaped a skate-blade injury in the final moments of the game when Matt Greene fell on/over him. [Expressen, via GTrans]
- Previews of today's (8pm Eastern time) hoedown at the Honda Center from Vogs (plus game notes), NHL.com, STL Today, Stars and Sticks, and AP, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Anaheim Calling for the other side of today's matchup.
- Anaheim injury update: Frederik Andersen is definitely out, John Gibson most likely has the net, and Ryan Getzlaf took a "maintenance day" on Saturday but plans to play against the Caps. [OC Register]
- A few fathers' trip pixels:
- Hershey has points in 12 straight games; yesterday's points were gained in a 5-1 rout of Portland. [Patriot News]
- Related: "Be our Valentine, xoxo The Hershey Bears'" [Chocolate Hockey]
- Oh, Alex - TMZ caught up with the Gr8 as he was out and about in LA. It could have gone better, but it certainly could have gone much, much worse. [TMZ (video)]
- Finally, happy 40th birthday to Martin Gendron and happy 43rd to... y'know, that guy.
- One more from the Department of #Fancystats:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Oleksy is a plus-82 right now (minus-17 wind chill in Hershey + 66 degrees in L.A. minus the minus-1 in Kings game = 82).</p>— Tim Leone (@timleone) <a href="https://twitter.com/timleone/status/566832394762981376">February 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>