- The team had Sunday off and returns to Kettler ice at 10:30am today to prepare for their two-game roadie to Detroit and Philadelphia (and then a quick return to DC for a back-to-back with Calgary).
- The Week That Was, Volume Four. [Peerless, RMNB, Stars & Sticks, NoVa Caps Fans]
- Looking ahead to Tuesday's tilt in Detroit, all eyes are on the Ovi/Fedorov storyline:
- First, remember how amazing Sergei Fedorov's career actually was... [freep.com]
- ... and he's still getting it done, scoring two goals and named as the First Star of the Hall of Fame Legends Classic on Sunday... [Wings Media]
- ... and he never knew how long Ovi had admired him until intermission on HNIC. [Puck Daddy]
- Should the nets get wider to accommodate the steadily growing goalies? The Caps' goaltending corps thinks not. [WaPo]
- The best offense is a good defense, at least when the game goes to 3-on-3 overtime. [CSNMA]
- The penalty kill has improved in a key metric from previous years - while shot attempts are about the same, scoring chances are way down. [Today's Slapshot]
- The power play, on the other hand... should we worry? [RMNB]
- T.J. Oshie is featured in DC Modern Luxury magazine. He's cool with dive bars but hold the mushrooms, please. [@DCMagazineML]
- Meet Dave Gunnarson, aka DaveArt the goalie mask guru. [NVC]
- Prospect update: Brian Pinho of Providence talks about how awesome it was to sweep Colgate last weekend. He and his liney Jake Walman split four goals and four assists in the Friday opener. [Friar and Ice (podcast)]
- Finally, set your DVRs for Ambassador Ovechkin doing a bit of cross-sport diplomacy.
Monday Caps Clips: Two For The Road
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Sorting through the leftovers from an exciting tilt with Toronto, the team prepares for a two-game roadie, and taking a look at both the PP and the PK.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.