Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, Backstrom, Oshie, Alzner, Holtby, Jackets' room), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, Frankovic, DSP, RMNB, Stars and Sticks, and from the visitor's bench, The Cannon, Buckeye State Hockey, and Columbus Dispatch (gamer, blog).
- Hit up the CSN Rewind.
- Ovi-to-Backy-to-Oshie-and-in. Lordy. [CSNMA, RMNB, theScore]
- Dilemma: After your lineys set you up with a goal on a platter, who to hug? [Caps Outsider]
- I break, I cry; U break, U buy. [RMNB, SB Nation]
- Barry Trotz wasn't happy with his coach's challenge. [WaPo, CSNMA]
- Nate Schmidt and Michael Latta returned to the lineup. [WaPo]
- Sayonara, SkyCam. [WaPo]
- Previewing tonight's fling with Florida from Vogs (plus game notes) and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation amigos over at Litter Box Cats for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- The Caps' penalty kill is killing it. [Dump-n-Chase]
- When the clock strikes midnight, the Caps will welcome the first day of Movember. [Caps Outsider]
- The Russian media is quite certain that Alex Ovechkin will return Real Soon Now to play hockey in Russia, but don't believe the hype. [RMNB]
Brooks Orpik is frustrated with his penalties. Line forms to the left, Brooks. [WaPo]
- Turn down the what? The Players' Tribune has a fun new fill-in-the-blank game to allow readers to get to know their favorite athletes better, and Braden Holtby and Karl Alzner played along. [Holtby, Alzner]
- Finally, happy 43rd birthday to Mel Angelstad, happy 59th to Claude Noel and happy 32nd to Steve Eminger.