Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's second road game of the season from Vogs (plus game notes), NHL.com, Peerless and NoVa Caps Fans and check out our SB Nation buddies at Nucks Misconduct for the other side of tonight's match-up.
- There's a strange new respect for Alex Ovechkin this season. Guess it was the sixth 50-goal season that finally sold everyone. Here is Eric Duhatschek breaking down the secrets of the Gr8's scoring success. Spoiler: He's Alexander freaking Ovechkin, and nobody else is, or can be. Also: Defense! And alarm clocks! Sigh. [Globe & Mail]
- The formerly shy and retiring Nicklas Backstrom is now a monster on the ice and in front of the camera, with a pitch-perfect postgame interview in Calgary. BTW, he was totally going to set up Marcus Johansson for that last goal, but the pass from Justin Williams was too good and Nicky had to shoot it for himself. Good work, Willy. [Sportsnet, Aftonbladet]
- Speaking of Mojo, his game has a whole new dimension this season. Just ask the opposing goalies. [WaPo]
- The evolution of Evgeny Kuznetsov gives the Caps a one-two punch down the middle. [WaPo]
- When the Caps return from their roadie, they will return to a Verizon Center with 100% fresh ice. Learn why and how here. [WaPo]
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to Terry Yake, and happy 35th to Matt Pettinger.
- One more:
Boys with a hot ride tonight here in Vancouver pic.twitter.com/BSBYsWWvqW— Tom Wilson (@tom_wilso) October 22, 2015