Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's swim with the Sharks from Vogs, NHL.com, Stars and Sticks and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Fear The Fin for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
- Fourth-liners can't afford not to hustle (especially when their teammates have just scored a couple of goals). It matters. [Rink]
- Last week, we told you that shorthanded face offs might be a problem. Well, guess what? They might be a problem. [WaPo]
- Barry Trotz (and colleagues) on coaching. [Globe and Mail]
- The Caps' third pair of Nate Schmidt and Dmitry Orlov could be really good. [TSS]
- Looking back at week (game) one. [Stars and Sticks]
- Patience with prospects is a virtue. [HF Boards]
- Speaking of prospects, here's the Bears' weekly update. [Bears (PDF)]
- Liam O'Brien and Madison Bowey have a catch... on skates. Take that, Harold Reynolds! [Chocolate Hockey]
- Happy 50th birthday to Paul Cavallini.
- Finally, a sight for sore eyes:
I present to you Nicklas Backstrom in a red jersey, and not the light blue non-contact one we've seen. pic.twitter.com/YgRs7LOtcE— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) October 12, 2015