Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's Ovi-time win from us (plus the day in gifs), Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Ovechkin, Ward, Chimera, Carrick, Red Wings), NHL.com, CBS Sports, WaPo, CSNW, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, DSP, and from the visitors' bench, the Malik Report, Winging it in Motown and Detroit Free Press.
- The Caps' home game each Super Sunday has become a welcome tradition. [Caps Outsider]
- All teh goals, Walton-style. [Chimera, Ward, Carlson, Ward again, Brouwer, and Ovechkin morning, Ovechkin afternoon, Ovechkin night, Detroit)]
- Overtime Ovechkin goals, will they ever grow old? [WaPo, WashTimes, PHT, RMNB]
- From Elias: Alex Ovechkin scored a power play goal in overtime to earn the Capitals a 6-5 victory over the Red Wings. It was Ovechkin's third OT goal of the season and the 15th overtime tally of his NHL career. Since Ovechkin entered the league in 2005, he has scored five more overtime goals than the co-runners-up, Ilya Kovalchuk and Daniel Sedin (10 each). Ovechkin is far and away the NHL leader in power play goals over the last nine seasons (142), but Sunday's game-winner was only his second overtime PPG (also Jan. 19, 2009 at the Islanders).
- Connor Carrick is still finding his way in the majors, but had two assists and a +2 rating on Super Bowl Sunday. [CSNW]
- With Brooks Laich on the shelf, the alternate captain's "A" was awarded to US Olympian John Carlson. [RMNB]
- Appreciating Joel Ward. [RMNB]
- Your Capitals Minute for today. [Capitals Voice]
- The Week That Was, Volume 18. [Peerless, RMNB]
- The Hershey Bears rocked some awesome Groundhog Day sweaters-n-sox... [SHoE, Sporting News, Patriot-News, @stat19]
- ... as they rocked the Norfolk Admirals 3-1. [Patriot-News]
- Finally, happy 46th birthday to Frantisek Kucera, the marquee name in one of the most important trades in Caps history.
More from Japers' Rink