Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's dVogs (plus game notes), NHL.com, and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Five For Howling for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- And about that duel... the last time the Caps won in Arizona was when Alex Ovechkin scored The Goal. In 2006. Let's change things up, shall we? [Rink]
- Ah, but first the Caps will need to get "over the hump." And possibly "fix their behavior." [WaPo]
- They will also need to get pucks behind whichever of the 'Yotes netminders takes the cage tonight. [azcentral.com]
- News and notes from yesterday's practice:
- Looking at the week ahead... [BrooksLaichyear]
- ... and looking back at one spectacularly bad shift against the dam dirty Devils. [BrooksLaichyear]
- A week's worth of Caps goaltending in review, with the fancystats and the fancycharts. [Talk the Red]
- Speaking of Caps netminding, Eddie Pasquale 's new bucket, should he be healthy enough to wear it this season, is a star-spangled spectacular mashup of... lots of things. [InGoal Magazine, Puck Daddy]
- What do Matt Irwin, Jason Garrison, Elias Lindholm, Cam Atkinson and Jaden Schwartz have in common? They have each scored a goal against the Caps off the d-zone faceoff. A moment that mattered, again and again and again (and again). [NBC4]
- Today in Trade Mike Green: "... one of two things is going on. Either they’re waiting, or they’re making a decision that he’s going somewhere else and it’s just a matter of figuring out where." [Nichols on Hockey]
- You had Hershey questions, Tim Leone had Hershey answers. [Patriot-News]
- Nick Bobblestrom will be available to the Caps Kiddie Club members at the Verizon Center on Saturday. [Caps Outsider]
- Finally, we wish Caps assistant coach Lane Lambert a very happy 50th birthday.