300 - Number of consecutive games Karl Alzner will have suited up for when he plays tomorrow night in Edmonton, trailing frequent defensive partner John Carlson by just two games.
More from CapsToday:
Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner is scheduled to play in his 300th consecutive game on Wednesday at Edmonton. Alzner ranks sixth on the Capitals’ franchise consecutive games played list, two games behind teammate John Carlson, who played in his 300th consecutive game on Oct. 16 vs. New Jersey. During the last four seasons, Alzner and Carlson are two of only four defensemen who have not missed a regular-season game (Matt Carle, Keith Yandle).
Most Consecutive Games Played, Capitals History
1. Bob Carpenter: 422 (10/7/81-11/22/86)
2. Kelly Miller: 322 (10/9/91-12/10/95)
3. Nicklas Backstrom: 313 (10/5/07-3/7/11)
4. Dale Hunter: 306 (2/23/95-12/11/98)
5. John Carlson: 301 (4/9/10-10/18/14)*
6. Karl Alzner: 299 (10/8/10-10/18/14)*
* – Active streak