Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us (and the night in GIFs), Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Ovechkin, Fehr, Laich), NHL.com, WaPo (gamer), CSNW (gamer, blog), RMNB, Peerless, DSP, RtR and from Pittsburgh, Pensburgh.
- Your Capitals Voice] Minute for today. [
- The Captain will be on "Today", a few tomorrows from now. Set your DVRs for Monday. [WaPo]
- The Caps are doing "okay", but what's next? For that matter, what's "okay"?[WaPo KidsPost]
- Sharks coach Todd McLellan mixed his lines frequently against the Caps with the goal of neutralizing Ovi. Sharks coach Todd McLellan likes it when a plan comes together. [Contra Costa Times]
- #fancystats might just be ridding the league of dump-and-chase hockey. Is there anything #fancystats can't do? [SI]
- Perhaps #fancystats should next turn its sliderule on the exasperating, frivolous and redundant shootout. [WashTimes]
- The Hershey Bears held Autograph Night on January 5. Here's a nice pictorial, and take a look at the sling on Garrett Mitchell. [Caps Outsider]
- Michael Latta, you're our only hope. In a manner of speaking. [Patriot-News]
- Update: Andre Burakovsky is not expected to play this weekend after sustaining a UBI on Saturday. [GoErie.com, @GoErieHockey]
- Matt Hendricks adds his name to the growing list of Caps centermen to find themselves in Edmonton with bad contracts. [Puck Daddy, On The Forecheck, Copper and Blue]
- Congratulations to Pavel Datsyuk, who was named captain of Team Russia. FYI, Ovi has been quoted extensively in the Russian press, lobbying for Dats to receive this honor. Go get 'em, boys. [Winging It In Motown]
- Finally, happy 40th birthday to Todd Rohloff, happy 48th to Stephen Leach, and happy 54th to Scot Kleinendorst.
More from Japers' Rink