Your savory breakfast links:
● Amid the bleakness of a potential lockout, a ray of sunshine in the form of one Matt Hendricks, who (along with the team) will be the latest to add his voice in support of the You Can Play Project. [WaPo]
● Jason Chimera on a possible lockout: "I’d be ashamed to lose one game, that’s for sure." Preach it, Brother Chimera. [CSNW]
● An in-depth look back at the trade that brought Rod Langway to DC, a momentous occasion that celebrated its thirtieth birthday over the weekend. [NHL.com]
● Not surprisingly, the Caps' absolute steal of Filip Forsberg at #11 was one of the top 5 first-round picks this past June. [THW]
● The new, snappy logos that went SB Nation-wide last week are just the beginning - change is a-comin', folks. [Vox Media]
● Happy 46th birthday to Craig Billington.
● And finally, we remember those who perished 11 years ago today, reflect with those who carry on their memories and honor those who selflessly serve their community and country everyday.