Your savory breakfast links:
● "In the playoffs, we made a note after one of the games," Capitals GM George McPhee said. "It was to remember these games when we're at the draft. Remember how intense they are, how demanding they are, how physical they are, and make sure we get someone who wants to play in that kind of stuff." [Sporting News]
○ "We have a trade to announce..." The Caps acquire veteran forward Mike Ribeiro from the Dallas Stars in exchange for Cody Eakin and the Caps' second-round pick (#54 overall). So long Squeaks, hello second line centerman. [WashCaps, Japers' Rink]
○ "With the sixteenth pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals select ... " Canadian forward Tom Wilson. [Japers' Rink]
● The game within the game: Evaluating the Eakin-and-a-second-for-Ribeiro swap. [NHL.com (video), Puck Daddy, RMNB, TSN.ca, DSP, Defending Big D (and again), WashTimes, Hockey Hourly, CSNW, and the view from Chocolatetown (Patriot-News)]
○ Cody says goodbye. Good luck in Big D, Squeaks ... [@CodyEakin50]
○ ... and The Captain says hello ... [@ovi8]
○ ... but oh, awkward. Remember, we are not playing chess. [YouTube]
○ The answer is no. Let him tell you so himself. And somebody alert Joe B. [TSN.ca (video)]
● In case you'd forgotten, there's still a coaching search going on. Though actually it appears the searching is complete, with the deciding left to do. [PHT, Chicago Sun-Times, WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW]
● J-A-P-E-R-S-R-I-N-K-D-O-T-C-O-M. [WaPo]
● Programming note: Sunday Clips will return tomorrow, with more draft coverage.
● Finally, happy 29th birthday to probably-moving-to-wing Brooks Laich.