Your savory breakfast links:
● Previews of today's Game 5 with the NHL.com, Peerless, RMNB, KOL and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Blueshirt Banter for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up and throughout the series.from Vogs,
● Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
○ Some offensive adjustments paid dividends in Game 4. [WashTimes]
○ ... and ESPN's Scott Burnside sez the things they've been doing are working ... [CSNW (video)]
○ ... and NHL.com's Dave Lozo likes what he sees. [CSNW (video)]
○ Shorter Brooks Laich: "R-E-S-P-E-C-T." [CBC.ca]
○ Less is more for Alex Ovechkin. [National Post]
○ 5 v 5 goals are the Caps' key to success per Barry Melrose. Plus a healthy dose of healthy Bäckis. [ESPN (video)]
○ A tight, hard-hitting series? Been there, done that. [NYT]
○ Why the Blueshirts will win it all. [Daily Freeman]
○ And why they won't. [Cult of Hockey]
○ Oh, no! Don't go, big mo. [WFAN]
○ Pictures, thousand words, etc. [SNYR blog].
○ Haters better start hatin'. [The Record]
● John Walton has had a heck of a ride in his first season in The Show ... [WaPo]
● ... as have the other Hershey grads in the organization ... [Patriot-News]
● ... Like Jay Beagle, for example. [Caps Outsider]
● 'Cos everyone's crazy for a sharp-dressed man. [Sick Unbelievable]
● Beard ... donate!
● Happy 32nd birthday to Lawrence Nycholat, and happy 56th birthday to Tony Cassolato.
● Hip check: The Rink wishes Craig Laughlin a full and speedy recovery as he heads down the tunnel for repairs.