Your savory breakfast links:
○ ... Dale Hunter, for example. London's calling ... [LFP]
○ ... Alexander Semin's future gets potentially more enigmatic as the KHL announces they will suspend their salary cap for one player per team who returns to Russia from the NHL ... [PHT]
○ ... and there's some other guys looking for contracts, with handy chart. [WaPo]
○ ... but ultimately, defeated by the superior team. [WashTimes]
● Through two rounds, no team played shorthanded more that the Caps, and lots of other interesting numbers. [RMNB]
● Lies, damn lies, statistics, and Alex Ovechkin [NHLNumbers.com]
● Reflections on a red-rocking rookie season. [Caps B-Ball]
● It was long past time to launder that jersey, gents. [Puck Buddys]
● Here's more on David Bondra and his decision to become a Spartan. [Detroit News (video), s/t to sk84fun_DC]
● Programming note: Our annual Rink Wrap feature kicks off today at 11. Karl Alzner is up first, so kennel the dogs and get your gold stars ready.
● Finally, happy 44th birthday to Steve Seftel.