Your savory breakfast links:
● Programming note: Game 6 will start at 3:00pm, give or take.
●Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WashTimes (gamer, blog, blog), WaPo (gamer, blog, blog, photos), DCEx, CSNW (gamer, blog, blog), Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Puck Daddy, PHT, THN, SI, Eye on Hockey, Backhand Shelf, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB (gamer, blog, blog), DSP, KOL, Caps Outsider, RtR, Puckhead, Inside Hockey, THW, DC Pro Sports Report, Caps B-Ball and Hockey Hourly.
○ Joe Corvo and Patrice Bergeron left the game early and are questionable for Game Six. [PHT, NHL.com, BHerald, NESN]
○ This one didn't make it to HockeyFights.com. Chippy chippy! [SB Nation]
○ Line introductions, Ovechkin-style. [RMNB]
○ Highlight o' the night. [TSN.ca (video)]
○ This game left Tim Thomas feeling a little flat. [Caps B-Ball]
● Previews of today's Game 6 with the B's from Vogs, NHL.com, Peerless, and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Stanley Cup of Chowder for more coverage from the other side of today's match-up and throughout the series.
● Postcard from Planet Hockey, Holtby love edition. With don't-miss HNIC intro video. [THW]
● Braden is growing up right before our eyes, as Mike Knuble turns back the clock. [WaPo]
● Dennis Wideman and Milan Lucic find themselves on the wrong end of a playoff Top Ten list. [Puck Daddy]
● 'Scuse me, but, uh, who are these Caps? [Pass Shoot Score]
● Any given Sunday. Aw, yeah. [Caps B-Ball]
● Timely saves? He's got yer timely saves ... right here. [Backhand Shelf]
● So it was a decent day to be a sports fan in DC. [@recordsANDradio, DC Sports Bog]
● Unfortunately, it was a much more difficult day down the rest of the Caps' organization:
○ The Hershey Bears got blitzed by the Baby Pens 7-2 and into an 0-2 first-round hole, which in the AHL's crazy new playoff system puts them one game away from elimination and the end of their season. Ugh. [Patriot-News, SHoE, Chirps from Center Ice]
○The South Carolina Stingrays avoided the series sweep but ultimately fell to the Kalamazoo Wings 5-1. The Wings advance and the Rays move on to summer. [Caps Outsider (and again)]
● Here's your daily call to beardly charitable action.
● Here's to late Peter Zezel, who would have turned 47 today if he was still with us, and happy 51st birthday to Bob Mason and happy 68th to Bob Paradise.