Your savory breakfast links:
- A look at free agent wingers that the Caps may conceivably target. [CSN Washington (Raby), and for one take on an oft-targeted Cap UFA-to-be winger, check out Defending Big D]
- The season that was for Mr. Nasty. [Peerless]
- Always one of the best shows of the year, yesterday was the annual draft preview edition of Capitals Report. [Capitals Overtime (audio)]
- Debunking the notion that the regular season is meaningless for the Caps. [FanPost]
- Bob Woods as (potentially) Winnipeg's new bench boss? That'd be interesting. [Winnipeg Sun]
- The captain takes in a flick back home. (Hey, it's June... sue me.) [Alex Ovetjkin]
- On this date back in 1997, the Caps hired George McPhee as their general manager and Ron Wilson as their head coach. One year to the day later, the team played the first Stanley Cup Finals game in franchise history.
- Finally, happy 49th birthday to Brian Tutt and happy 57th birthday to John Paddock.