Your savory Sunday brunch links:
- Previews of today's Super Sunday promenade with Pittsburgh from Vogs, NHL.com (Masisak), CSN Washington (Raby), WaPo (Carrera), SB Nation DC, WC2010, CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Pensburgh for more coverage from the other side of today's match-up.
Travel alert - no snowbanks this year but plenty of obstacles for the folks headed to the game today. [CapsNewsNetwork, Dr. Gridlock]
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice. [Alex Ovetjkin (video), CI (Carrera), CI (Carrera), bridgetDS (pix), Caps 'Round the Clock]
- Pens-Caps game notes, get yer Pens-Caps game notes here. [WashCaps Media]
- Five storylines for Round Three, with a stick salute for the hard-working farmhands on both teams. [NHL.com (Rosen)]
- Are we looking at a first-round playoff preview? [PHT]
- Fiery! plus Brooks Orpik softens his stance. [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (DiPaola)]
- Intensity! and why the game probably won't go into overtime. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Anderson)]
- A Winter Classic rematch and two teams in the process of reinventing themselves. [ProHockeyTalk]
- You again? The Caps-Pens rivalry catches its second wind. [RtR]
- Streaky, inconsistent, yet always an extremely dangerous opponent. That's our Caps ... [Versus]
- ... and they're not quite inclined to surrender that division title either. [Kukla's Korner]
- Where's the secondary scoring? [Toronto Sun]
- Mike Knuble: Penguin Killer, Juice Boy. [Net Asset]
- Is Alex Semin a streaky shooter? Too bad we can't test that out today. [RMNB]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov stole the show in St. Petersburg, Russia yesterday, with an exuberant tour-de-force display in the Breakaway Challenge (video below the jump) and then a 1g, 4a performance for the victorious Team Jagr in the KHL All-Star Game. His goal was an empty netter scored at the 59 minute, 59 second mark, and his four assists went to Sergei Fedorov (2), Good-Friend-of-Ovi Ilya Nikulin, and Harder-Shot-Than-Chara champ Denis Kulyash.
- Cody Eakin had a nice night, too. [Buzzing the Net]
- Happy 57th birthday, Bob Sirois.
- And finally, today marks the final home game with Nate Ewell at the helm of the Capitals' award-winning communications department. We wish him a fond farewell and bid him good journey. Thanks, again, for everything.
(More below the jump)
KHL All Star Game 2011 Evgeny Kuznetsov Breakaway Challenge Winner (via videoKHL)