Your savory breakfast links:
- Mike Green is off to the melon doctor today to see if he's cleared to play tomorrow. [CSN Washington (video), WaPo (Carrera), Dump'n'Chase]
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice. [Caps 365 (Boudreau, Green/Ovi/Knuble), Caps Insider]
- Semyon Varlamov speaks, and the International Ice Hockey Federation listens. Well done, Семён. And now if you'll 'scuse me, I'm off to buy my #28 Syomin sweater. [IIHF, Puck Daddy, Melt Your Face Off (slightly NSFW)]
- In which Alexander Semin's new contract prompts a closer look at Alex Ovechkin's K. [RMNB]
- Dear Capitals: Eight is enough. [CI²]
- Blood, sweat, and determination. Meet Matt Hendricks. [Caps Daily]
Have weagle, will travel. [Box Seats (Kareem A.)]
- Is Dmitri Orlov on his way to Hershey? TSN says ... yes! [WTOP.com]
- Cody Eakin: As advertised. [Leader-Post]
- Uh-oh. Caps prospect d-man Samuel Carrier got a potentially bad hand injury in the last few seconds of a recent game. [Maine Hockey Journal]
- A review of the latest Hockey 'n' Heels event. [Red Line Roughing]
- Happy 34th birthday, Dwayne Hay.
- And happy birth-day and a Rink stick salute to the latest addition to the Japers' family, as JP yesterday became the proud papa of a beautiful baby girl. Mazel tov!