Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's dance with the Ducks from Vogs, NHL.com (Compton), OC Register (Ducks), SB Nation DC, Peerless, KOL and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Anaheim Calling for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice:
- In general. [Caps365 video (Kettler Report, Boudreau, players)]
- Barring a miracle, Mike Green won't be in the lineup tonight (and, frankly, we'd all prefer the team save its miracles for the spring). [CI (El-Bashir), CW (Whyno)]
- Tomas Vokoun needs to "redeem" himself after one bad period in his last 19? Really? [CSNW (Gormley), with more on the goalies at CW (Whyno)]
- Despite being tied for the team lead in even-strength points, Mike Knuble has been dropped down to the fourth line, which fits with Bruce Boudreau's unofficial mantra: When the going gets tough, the tough get line-jugglin'. [Dump 'N Chase, CW (Whyno), CI (El-Bashir), CSNW (Sorenson video, Gormley)]
- Karl Alzner looks back on the Vancouver debacle and ahead to tonight. [Capitals Voice]
Dwayne King joins Jazzy Jeff and Lance Rock as D.J.s who apparently won't be playing for the Caps any time soon as the part-time enforcer was put on waivers yesterday (at his own request). [CI (El-Bashir), WashTimes (Whyno), SB Nation DC (Vingan)]
- Remember when the penalty kill was awesome (like, prior to the last two games)? [WashTimes (Whyno), WaPo (El-Bashir), CI (Carrera)]
- These Caps know it's not about the start, but the finish. [NYT (Wendel)]
- A nice Caps-related Halloween wrap-up. [RMNB]
- Braden Holtby is pretty in pink. [Stack the Pads]
- Four Caps, a dozen different numbers. Neat. [Retired Capitals Numbers]
- Finally, happy 54th birthday to Brent Tremblay and happy 65th to Bill Lesuk.