Your savory breakfast links:
- Be sure to check out this morning's edition of Japers' Rink Radio (live at 10:00, archived soon after 11), with guest Corey Masisak. Good people talkin' with good people - tough to beat that combo.
- GMGM on free agency so far. [CI; Peerless on the same subject]
- Welcome to the organization, Dany Sabourin, and here's hoping we don't see you in D.C. after September. [Dump n' Chase, Patriot-News, LDN, Stack the Pads, Hockey Chronicles, The Goalie Guild]
- Milan Jurcina (pictured) is the first Cap to sign elsewhere, inking a one-year, $1 million deal with the Islanders.
- Actually, Kyle Wilson signed with Columbus earlier in the day, but he was more Bear than Cap.
- Ditto Alexandre Giroux, who signed a one-way deal with Edmonton. [Lowetide]
- The Caps were "difficult to read" on Day One of free agency (and that probably didn't change much on Day Two). [USA Today]
- Eric Belanger did a spot on NHL Live! (the exclamation point is part of the show's title - I'm really not all that excited by the phoner). [NHL Live!]
- A bit more on Caps draftee Stanislav Galiev. [RMNB]