Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this afternoon's game against the Flames from Vogs, Peerless and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Matchsticks and Gasoline for coverage from the other side of today's match up.
- To refresh your memory, this is the first and only meeting of the season between these two teams (and only the fourth post-lockout match-up), who last met in Calgary back in October of 2008.
- With Boyd Gordon, Scott Walker, Brooks Laich and now Brendan Morrison and Shaone Morrisonn all likely out of today's game, that depth (at least up front) has gotten shallow, fast. [CI]
- Alex Ovechkin is still the favorite to win the Hart in most people's minds. [The Hockey News]
- Great pic of a young Bruce Boudreau. [TweetPhoto]
- John Walton and Ron Weber; talk about must-listen radio. [OFB]
- Per the HHoF, on this date back in 1975, "Washington recorded the only road victory in their first season, when Nelson Pyatt's 2 third period goals gave them a 5-3 win at Oakland. The win ended their NHL-record 37 game road losing streak. They finished the year 1-39-0 on the road." Oof.
- Finally, happy 38th birthday to Jan Benda and happy 52nd to Lou Franceschetti.