Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's loss from us, Vogs, Tarik (blog, gamer), Ed Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, and Joe B.
- "It seems the Canuck Nation owes a small thank you to the staff at The Loden Hotel in downtown Vancouver. When Russian superstar Alexander Ovechkin was held to just three shots in the Canucks' 3-2 win over Washington on Dec. 18, it could have had something to do with the fact the Capitals' rookie party had gone long into the previous night in the penthouse suite of the boutique hotel overlooking Coal Harbour. Some say Ovechkin saw his first sunrise on Canada's West Coast." Great. [Vancouver Sun (h/t, YNC)]
- Maybe nights like that are why Alex Ovechkin is Russia's #1 bachelor. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- More on a disciplined Delly. [NHL.com]
- Why was Dmitri Kugryshev left off the Russian WJC team? "He didn’t come with a good attitude." At least that's the answer given publicly. [G&M (h/t, YNC)]
- Coverage of the Japers' Rink Pick-Up game. [FanPost, FanShot]
- Finally, happy 41st birthday to Steve Poapst (sorry, "Hall of Famer" Steve Poapst), and happy 36th to Stefan Ustorf.