Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's masterful performance by Jose Theodore from us, WaPo (blog, gamer, video), Vogs, DCEx (gamer, notebook), Joe B., Ed Frankovic, Puck Daddy, Peerless, TTT Hockey (pics), RMNB, Caps In Pictures (pics) and Cap Centre.
- Happy Jose is happy. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Mike Wise on who's responsible for the Caps' season sinking or swimming. [WaPo]
- In case you missed it in the overnight, there seems to be some confusion surrounding Semyon Varlamov's status for the Olympics (look for an update today). [Japers' Rink]
- Praise Jeff Schultz, get linked. It's a simple formula, really. [The Puck Stops Here]
- You could probably guess the top five best-selling Caps sweaters, but can you guess 'em in order? [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Alex Ovechkin: getting more clutch by the week, soon to be the most clutch. [The Hockey News]
- More power rankings out, with the Caps holding at third at Sporting News, up three to fourth at CBC, up one to fourth at SI, holding at fifth at FOX Sports and up one to fifth at ESPN.
- Was Bruce Boudreau a member of the best junior team ever? [National Post]
- Catching up with John Carlson, pre-assignment. [Homer McFanboy]
- Caps practice > Wizards game. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Now that looks like a hockey fan. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- The Caps are reaching out to our neighbors up in B'more. [Daily Record]
- Russian Machine's latest forays into
intellectual property rights disregardfashion. [RMNB]
- Caps + cars = Auto Show. [FanShot]
- Recapping the AHL All-Star Game from a Hershey perspective. [Patriot-News]
- A couple of nice Chris Clark pieces, if you're so inclined. [C'bus Dispatch, NHL.com (scroll down)]
- Finally, stay tuned for a Rink contest later in the day.