Your savory breakfast links:
- Alex Ovechkin's arschgeweih has made its first public appearance. [Puck Daddy]
- Semyon Varlamov's "priority is to become #1 in Washington," otherwise he "will miss out on the Olympics" and, presumably, skinny chicks. [@dchesnokov]
- That's a good priority for Varly to have, of course, since not everyone's even sold on him being the better of the Caps' two prized young netminders. [NHL.com]
- It's great to hear that Sergei Fedorov won his $60 million lawsuit, but isn't "former hockey star" a little harsh? [cbc.ca]
Shaone Morrisonn is a good union soldier: "I don't really know what's going on but... we have the right guys in place and we trust their judgement. We trust what's going on." [The Vancouver Sun]
John Carlson as a starting defenseman for the London Knights alumni team already? That doesn't bode well for John Erskine this fall. [The Hockey News]
- Happy 45th birthday to NSFW YouTube sensation Brian Bellows and happy 49th birthday to Alan Haworth. Haworth scored twenty or more goals in each of his five seasons in Washington and totaled 268 points and a plus-67 rating in 346 career games for the Caps.