Your savory breakfast links:
- Today at Development Camp: 10 a.m.: Group A on ice; 11:15 a.m.: Group B on ice; 3:30 p.m.: Intrasquad scrimmage.
- Day two of Development Camp...
Anton Gustafsson (who will be on NHL Home Ice this morning at 8:25 and is pictured to the right via Caps In Pictures) credits Frolunda's veteran depth down the middle for his desire to cross the pond for the coming season. [In The Room, Washington Times]
- Joe Finley's media scrum from the other day is worth a look, and not just because he calls Jeff Schultz "highly talented." [FightingSioux.com]
- Practice coverage from Vogs (who notes highlights from Mathieu Perreault and Trevor Bruess), Peerless (with notes of interest on John Carlson, Dmitri Orlov and Francois Bouchard), Puckhead's Thoughts (who was impressed by Stefan Della Rovere's line).
- The Caps Media crew - I'm sorry, the Caps Dillman Award-winning Media crew - has gotten their hands on some killer technology and is putting it to use. [Welcome to the Show]
- Anton Gustafsson (who will be on NHL Home Ice this morning at 8:25 and is pictured to the right via Caps In Pictures) credits Frolunda's veteran depth down the middle for his desire to cross the pond for the coming season. [In The Room, Washington Times]
- The NHL schedule will be released at 3:00 this afternoon, but we already know one date: October 10 in Detroit. [MLive]
- Brent Johnson: not very bouncy at all (partial credit to the defense in front of him, too). [Behindthenet Blog]
- Everything you ever wanted to
shillknow about Capitals Convention. [OFB]
- Plenty on new Bears bench boss Mark French via Welcome to the Show and HHershey Bears Hockey.
- Sticking in Chocolatetown (but actually not), the "Mayor of Hershey" is headed west, opening up another spot on what will be a much younger and less experienced Bears blueline. [Patriot News]
- On this date in Caps history back in 2002, the team named Randy Carlyle and Glen Hanlon assistant coaches to Bruce Cassidy. How'd that work out for everyone?
- Finally, Happy 37th Birthday to Bryan Helmer (perhaps another soon-to-be former Bears rearguard) and Happy 54th Birthday to Mikko Leinonen, who apparently played three games for the Caps back in 1985.