We're trying a new format today, separating out what would typically be in the "Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks" portion of our morning post into a post of its own and throwing in any other important stuff you might have missed yesterday. Today's meat and potatoes will follow.
- Tarik on Eric Fehr, Corey on Olie Kolzig.
- While a handful of players were off visiting sick kids, the Caps were busy selling more than 1,000 season tickets for 2009-10 on the first day on sale. [Capitals.com]
- If Caps/Flyers isn't already one of the League's premiere rivalries, it will be... it will be. [The Hockey News]
- Mike Brophy: "The Capitals appear to have it all with one glaring exception: in goal." [Sportsnet.ca]
- Know what, Brophy? The Caps aren't alone there. [the red skate]
- Mike Green wants to keep his record-breaking twig rather then send it on to Cooperstown, err, Toronto. [OFB]
- I'd hate to be the guy to tell Brash that his John Hancock is only half as desirable as Alex Semin's. [Caps Message Board]
- Kozlov + Laich/Semin/Fleischmann + pick/prospect = Backstrom (the goalie)? Why not throw in Green or Ovechkin? [Minnesota Wild Examiner]
- "F Street" it is. [Dump and Chase]
- Semin to Edmonton (eBuccigross). [HomerMcFanboy]
A few more power rankings are out, with the Caps holding at fifth at CBC.ca, holding at fourth at Yahoo! Sports and SI.com, and down one to fifth at FoxSports.com. [MLive.com]
Wanna buy a team-signed stick? That'll be $800 (or, if you prefer, $300). Uh, yeah. [craigslist]
- Three years ago today, we ripped on Jose Theodore (who knew?) and checked in on the Caps' Olympians.
- Finally, since it's Caps/Habs tonight, it's worth reliving what may very well be the night on which Alex Ovechkin won last year's Hart Trophy: