breakfast brunch links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Vogs, Joe B., Ed Frankovic, Peerless, In Lou We Trust (Devils), and Hockey Mom.
- A bit of what the Caps could learn from Los Diablos. [Peerless]
- Perhaps one of the reasons the Caps lost last night was that they were playing without two of the League's top-18 players around the net. [Behind the Net]
- Down a level, the Bears beat the Baby Pens 3-1 thanks to Karl Alzner's game-winner and Michal Neuvirth's 27 saves (to nail down his fifth win in a row; he's now 6-3-0/2.34/.915 after a rocky start).
- Some leftover thoughts from the Minny side of Friday night's game. [Wild]
Mathieu Perreault gets some well-deserved love. [CSN Washington]
- Milan Jurcina is "Chara without the offensive upside, though he does have a booming point shot." Srsly? [NHL.com]
- More Caps mentions in NHL.com Olympic previews of the Czech Republic, Canada (where Mike Green misses the cut), Russia (sorry, Varly), Finland (atta boy, O) and Sweden.
- Finally, I love Kevin Paul Dupont as a writer, but taking a shot at Alex Ovechkin for caring about the escrow issue and raising it on a players-only conference call is unfair (as discussed here). [Boston Globe]