- Andrew Hutchison had five assists and Josef Vasicek had two goals for Carolina in the Hurricanes' 5-4 win over Atlanta. Peter Bondra scored in his Thrasher debut.
- Zdenek Blatny's overtime power play goal (with Sergei Gonchar in the box) pushed the Bruins past the Penguins 5-4. Sidney Crosby had an assist in his NHL debut.
- Nik Lidstrom's overtime power play tally lifted the Wings over Colorado 3-2.
- A goal and an assist from Randy Robitaille helpd Nashville beat St. Louis 4-3.
- Nikolai Khabibulin lost in his Blackhawks debut as the Flames downed Chicago 4-2.
- The Oilers beat the Canucks 5-4 on a Radek Dvorak shootout goal.
Marco Sturm's shootout goal won the game for San Jose over Anaheim, 2-1.
- The Flyers beat the Isles 2-1. Yawn.
- Atlanta center Patrik Stefan was taken from the ice on a stretcher after a collision with 'Canes wing Erik Cole.
- Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood is out two to three weeks with a groin injury.
- Concussions have forced former King and Av (and Nordique!) Adam Deadmarsh to officially call it quits.
- I'm no fan of Tony Kornheiser, but this is funny.