Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's
16-3shootout win from us (and the night in GIFs), Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Holtby, Ward, Backstrom), NHL.com, PHT, WaPo, CSNW, Peerless, Frankovic, RMNB, Lighthouse Hockey.
- Skater down - Mike Green left the game after absorbing several big hits - one of them from Jason Chimera. [WaPo]
- Skater down - An Alex Ovechkin check + Alex Ovechkin shot = a trip down the tunnel with the trainer for Isles d-man Calvin de Haan. [RMNB, SI]
- Gloves (and linesman) down - Mike Halmo took exception to a Tom Wilson check. [Caps Outsider]
- More of these, please, Mojo and Kuzya (and T-Bro)... [RMNB]
- ...and fewer of these. Please. [RMNB]
- News and notes from yesterday's pregame skate:
- Down on the farm:
- The Bears dragged Worcester into overtime, where Casey Wellman secured the victory. Even so, the Bears are in ninth place in the East, one point behind 8th-place Norfolk with the same number of games ahead. [Patriot-News, SHoE]
- New guy Caleb Herbert added his second pro goal in his second pro game. Here's a little more on his journey from Bloomington Minnesota to Capitals prospect. [TheAHL.com]
- Congrats to the Reading Royals, who claimed the regular season ECHL Eastern Conference crown with a victory over Kalamazoo. [@RRoyalsHockey]
- Three is the number, and the number shall be three. Two and especially one are right out. [WaPo]
- Whither Caps prospect Chandler Stephenson? Waiting on a contract, of course. [THW]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday to Matt Yeats (Yahtzee!), happy 43rd to Trevor Halverson, and happy 44th birthday to Coach Kolzig.