Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this afternoon's tangle with Tampa Vogs, NHL.com and CBSSports, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Raw Charge for the other side of today's matchup.
- Oh no, JoJo! Marcus Johansson sustained an upper body injury in Friday's game. He will miss the season finale... [Sports Injury Alert]
- ... which leaves an opening on the Caps' roster for a recall from Hershey. Welcome, centerman Peter LeBlanc. If he plays today it will be his NHL debut after 261 games in the AHL. [Caps Today, Patriot-News, CSNW]
- News and notes from yesterday's optional skate out at Kettler:
- Time for the mea culpas:
- In which Ted Leonsis provides some "on-the-record perspective" of the team's agent and player-representative policies. [Ted's Take, WaPo]
- The Caps announced the signing of centerman Chandler Stephenson, their third-round pick in the 2012 draft. Stephenson will report to Hershey on an ATO. [Caps Today, Regina Leader-Post, SHoE]
- Hershey squeezed a point out of a shootout loss to Springfield, leaving them tied with Norfolk for 8th place in points (but ahead in tiebreakers). They play Binghamton today. [Patriot-News, SHoE]
- Caps prospect forward Travis Boyd had an assist for Minnesota in the NCAA championship game, but the Golden Gophers fell to the Union Dutchmen 7-4. [NCAA]
- Congrats are in order for Caps development camp invitee, Quinnipiac forward, and Potomac, Maryland native Sam Anas, who was named the D-1 Rookie of the Year. [USCHO]
- To probably no one's surprise, the Russian Hockey Federation is expected to announce next week that Alex Ovechkin will participate in the 2014 World Championship. [@dchesnokov, and again]
- Finally, happy 51st birthday to Jim McGeough and Sergei Gonchar whoops it up to the big 4-0.