Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Holtby, Brouillette, Wey, DeBoer, Devils players), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNW, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, DSP, and from the visitors' bench, Fire & Ice and In Lou We Trust.
- First goals are always fun:
- "It's going to be hard to sleep
or pay for a drinktonight." [CSNW, @ESPN980, CSNW, Capitals Voice]
- Be one with the Goat and Julien Brouillette's first NHL goal thru the majick of Google Glass. [Monumental (video)]
- Ma and Pa Brouillette don't speak much English, but high-fives require no translators. [RMNB]
- Pie-tastic. [RMNB, @mediachameleon]
- In which John Walton totally loses his mind when Martin Erat buries his no-doubt-about-it empty netter. [DC Sports Bog]
- The Astro doughnuts looked delicious and the bags packed for Sochi were inspiring, but they serve as a reminder that NHL hockey is taking the next two weeks off. [RMNB, @JohnCarlson74]
- If it weren't for bad luck, sometimes it seems that Michal Neuvirth would have no luck at all. [NHL.com]
- Mikhail Grabovski, good guy, headlines the list of the Caps' unrestricted free agents. Marry us, Misha. [THW]
- So who goes to Hershey and who goes on vacation for the Olympic break? [WaPo, Patriot-News]
- It's now ten straight chocolate-and-white Ws in the books for the home team at Giant Center. [Patriot-News, SHoE, THW]
- Speaking of the AHL, it is time to appreciate Dave Andrews and his 20-year stewardship of the American Hockey League. [THN]
- Via the Japers' Wayback Machine, enjoy this speculation on Alex Ovechkin from one year ago today. The picture is particularly apropos. [Sporting News]
- Happy 54th birthday to conductor extraordinaire Neil Sheehy.
- Finally, best wishes and bonne chance to the Caps' five Olympians. Citius, Altius, Scorimus.