Your savory breakfast links:
Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us (with quotes and the night in GIFs), Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Holtby, Laich, Brouwer, Schmidt), NHL.com, WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW (with video of Brouwer and Carlson), Peerless, Frankovic, RMNB and DSP.
- Well, Mikhail Grabovski reached (and surpassed) his boiling point, apparently. [SB Nation, CSNW, RMNB]
- Brooks Laich calls out his teammates (because apparently there aren't any mirrors in the locker room). [WaPo, CSNW]
- Enough already, Mr. Anderson. From Elias: Craig Anderson recorded his third shutout of the season with a 2-0 win at Washington on Tuesday. It was Anderson's seventh win in his last seven games versus the Capitals, dating back to February 2012. That's the longest winning streak against the Capitals since the Penguins' Marc-Andre Fleury won seven straight decisions versus Washington from January 2006 to March 2008.
- #ThanksObama. (I laughed.) [Puck Daddy]
- News and notes from yesterday's pre-game goings-on:
- A closer look at a handful of small issues that have piled up for Adam Oates. [Rink]
- For last week, let's just call 'em "Capital Up and Downs." [Rink]
- Mix up the lines all you want - the problems here run deeper. [WaPo]
- Dmitry Orlov is getting some on-the-job training. [Express]
- Finally, Oleksy tweets goodbye. [@StevenOleksy]