Your savory breakfast links:
- So hey, it's the first day of August. I have a pen handy just in case anybody, y'know, needs to borrow one.** [CSNW]
- Tre Kronor's Olympic orientation camp is August 12-14, so Nick Backstrom will be available on August 24 to once again assist with Monumental's annual DC Beautification Day. Registration is here --> [@WashCaps]
- The Four-Letter Entity is presenting its countdown of the Top 50 "This Is SportsCenter" commercials, and the Alex Ovechkin/Ceiling Varly spot is rumo(u)red to have a place in the Top 10. We'll be able to find out tonight beginning at 8 Eastern. [NHL.com, CSNW]
- In which the Brouwer Rangers vow to continue rocking the red without being Red Rockers. [RMNB]
- Finally, nine is the number, and the number shall be nine. Sigh. [NBC4, Forbes]
** Terms and conditions apply. Offer not valid in Calgary.