Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previews of today's game against the Islanders and much more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of today's matinee on Long Island from Vogs, NHL.com, CSNW, DCEx, Peerless, RtR and RMNB, and be sure to check out the best thing about Islanders hockey, our SB Nation chums over at Lighthouse Hockey for more from the other side of this afternoon's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler: Mike Green skates (before pracky), Marcus Johansson nears a return, Philipp Grubauer may get his first NHL start, and more. [Monumental video (Rinkside Update, Oates, Alzner, Volpatti), WashTimes (and again), WaPo, CSNW (and again), NBC4]
- The Caps are well set-up for the week ahead, thanks to the fact that they were on cruise control for 50 minutes on Thursday. [WashTimes, WaPo]
- More leftovers from that glorious romp. [Capitals Voice, WashTimes, DCEx, Homer McFanboy, OFB]
- Four questions (that have nothing to do with why this night is different from all other nights). [CSNW]
- Brooks Laich did his Friday hit on The Junks yesterday. Because it was Friday. Duh. [106.7 the Fan (audio)]
- Matt Hendricks was mic'd up for Tuesday night's game. Click for the memories; stay for the Tuukka chirps. [NHL.com (video)]
- One of the seven goals from that game is NHL.com's top goal of the season's first half (sorry, Dougie Hamilton, it ain't yours). [Sick, Unbelievable]
- What to do with Mike Green. [Capitals Outsider]
- Courage - it couldn't come at a better time. [CSNW]
- Put one on the "L" column for the Bears. [Patriot-News, SHoE]
- Worthwhile alumni-related read #1: on Brendan Witt. [Hockey Independent]
- Worthwhile alumni-related read #2: on Dennis Maruk. [NHL Alumni]
- A former Cap makes a list of the Top 10 Slap Shots of All Time (and no, it's not John Erskine... Jacob Markstrom must not have had a vote). [SI]
- In memoriam: he shall stomp no more. [WaPo]
- Finally, happy 49th birthday to a great American (and former Cap), Phil Housley.