Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previews of Caps/Cats, the latest on Johansson and Brouwer and much more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's quarrel with the Kitties from Vogs, NHL.com, Peerless and Sick Unbelievable, and be sure to check out our SB Nation buds over at Litter Box Cats for more from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler: Marcus Johansson is cleared for contact, Troy Brouwer is expected to return to the lineup tonight, Braden Holtby will start his 11th-straight game, and more. [Monumental video (Rinkside Update, Oates, Brouwer, Johansson, Wolski), WashTimes, WaPo, CSNW, NBC4]
- Former Cap Roman Hamrlik is now current Ranger Roman Hamrlik after being claimed off waivers yesterday by New York. See ya Sunday, Hamr! [WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW, DCEx, NBC4, Capitals Outsider, RtR]
- The Caps' rebuild was long on promise and short on delivery. How very Washington. [WaPo]
- That win the other night was one heck of a morale booster, eh? [WashTimes]
- Speaking of that glorious victory (and speaking of speaking), hero of the masses Eric Fehr chatted with LaVar and Dukes about it. [106.7 the Fan (audio), and for John Carlson on Holden and Danny, click here, and for John Erskine's hit on Inside the Locker Room, head over to ESPN 980 (audio)]
- More leftovers from El Comebacko Grande. [WaPo (and The Bog), WashTimes, DCEx (and again), NBC4, OFB, NHLNumbers (interesting stuff), Fanspeak]
- Tomas Kundratek is playing increasingly (and surprisingly) large minutes and thriving. [WaPo, and for more on the fantasy impact of Kundratek and fellow Caps blueliners, head over to ESPN]
- Aaron Volpatti and his fists: why are they here? [RMNB]
- He's got a nice story, though. [CSNW]
- Alex Ovechkin on Mike Milbury on Alex Ovechkin. (Someone please kill this with fire.) [RMNB]
- Some peerless musings. [Peerless]
- Brooks Laich, guitar hero. [WaPo (and again, if you can believe it)]
- Courage - these folks have it. [DSP]
- Finally, happy 50th birthday to Mike Eagles and happy 53rd to Butsy Erickson.