Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Monumental video (Oates, Ovechkin, players), NHL.com, AP, SportsXchange, WaPo (gamer, blog), CSNW (blog, Joe B), Frankovic, RtR, DSP, Peerless, RMNB (and again), Caps Basketball, and for the view from upstate New York, Buffalo News and our SB Nation pals over at Die by the Blade.
- Previews of tonight's tilt with the Flyers from NHL.com, AP and Peerless, and be sure to check out our good friends and SB Nation partners over at Broad Street Hockey for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Following last night's game the Caps activated defenseman Tomas Kundratek from the IR - which means Adam Oates (and George McPhee) have some tough decisions to make. [NBCW]
- The Caps weren't the only ones orchestrating a third period comeback, as the Hershey Bears erased a two-goal deficit to beat the Providence Bruins - and hang on to eighth in the East. [PennLive, LDNews, SHOE, Caps Outsider]
- More from GMGM on some of the Caps' prospects and his rookie coach. [WaPo, CSNW]
- With BC's loss to Union in the NCAA semifinals last night, their attempt to defend their title has come to an end - and so has Patrick Wey's college career has officially come to an end. Gee, we hear Chocolatetown is lovely this time of year, Patrick. [NCAA, BCHockeyBlog, BC Interruption]
- Finally, happy 60th birthday to Gord Lane and happy 53rd to Jim McTaggart.