Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previews of today's Caps/Jets game, the latest on Mike Groin's green... err, Mike Green's groin, line-shufflin' and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of today's Southeast showdown - in Winnipeg?! - with the Jets the from Vogs, NHL.com, WashTimes, CSNW, Peerless and Caps Daily, and be sure to check out our SB Nation buds over at Arctic Ice Hockey for more from the other side of today's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:Rinkside Update, Oates, Brouwer, Hendricks, Fehr), WashTimes (and again and again), WaPo, CSNW (and again and again), NBC4, DSP]
- There are a whole lot of points available in March, and the first of those two is on the line today. [WaPo]
- Read the blog post about Alex Ovechkin that Ted Leonsis called "genius." [Backhand Shelf]
- Putting the "AO" in the audacity of hope. (Super read.) [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Taking sides in the most recent Ovechkin-related debate. [Grantland]
- At this point, Brooks Laich is nearly as much one of The Sports Junkies as he is one of the Washington Capitals. [106.7 the Fan (audio)]
- Speaking of radio, Friend of the Blog Neil Greenberg did a hit with Tony Kornheiser - just two dudes who don't watch hockey talkin' hockey. [RMNB]
- Yesterday marked the 16th anniversary of Harry Sinden making one of the best decisions in Caps history. [Dump 'n Chase]
- Tracking Twitter's February star sightings in Arlington. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Bears win! [Patriot-News]
- Your monthly prospect update. [DC Pro Sports Report]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to .