Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings from yesterday's loss in Long Island from Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, players), NHL.com, CSNW (Joe B), AP, SportsXchange, PHT, Peerless, DSP, Caps Outsider, RMNB, and from the view from New York, Islanders Point Blank and our superb pals over at Lighthouse Hockey.
- Philipp Grubauer got plenty of action yesterday, facing 45 shots (and stopping 40 of them) in his first official NHL start. Welcome to the big leagues! [SBN]
- The loss was a potentially costly one, and not just in points, as defenseman John Erskine left the game with an upper body injury and is day-to-day. Heal up quick, Dmitry Orlov... [WaPo]
- Previews of today's matinee with the Rangers from NHL.com, AP, PHT, CSNW, Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Blueshirt Banter for more from the other side of this afternoon's match-up.
- Ranking the best left wings in the NHL - and he may be "washed up", but yes, Alex Ovechkin appears on the list. [NHL]
- It was a rough start to the weekend for the Caps. Looks like the same can be said for Hershey, as they were swept in Norfolk... [Caps, SHOE]
- ...and it didn't get much better for the Reading Royals, who fell to Pittsburgh's ECHL affiliate the Wheeling Nailers. [Caps Outsider]
- A couple of Caps prospects have been stepping it up lately as the CHL regular season begins to wind down. [RMNB]
- Finally, happy 40th birthday to Martin Brochu and happy 33rd to Stephen Peat.