Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Recaps of last night's loss to Toronto, notes on Oates and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yet another loss from us (with quotes), Monumental video (Oates, players), Vogs, NHL.com, AP, SportsXchange, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer, blog), CSNW (gamer, blog, Joe B.), DCEx, Peerless, DSP (and again), Capitals Outsider), RtR, Puckhead and RMNB (and again), and with the view from TDot, Globe and Mail, Toronto Sun, Leafs Nation and our SB Nation friends over at Pension Plan Puppies.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's morning skate(s):
- The new coach in town got plenty of ink leading up to last night's match-up. [Y!, Globe and Mail, Star]
- Some Caps notes make their way into 30 Thoughts. [CBC]
- Wanna blow things up? It ain't that easy. [DSP]
- Hockey is for Everyone Month is upon us. [Capitals]
- The Caps now have half as many fake wins in 1981 as real wins in 2013. [WaPo]
- Miss u, Sasha. [Capitals Outsider]
- Can you spell "Ovechkin" without a "C"? [Fanspeak]
- Bears win! [Patriot-News, SHoE]
- Feel-good Keith Aucoin story feels good. [Puck Daddy]
- Finally, happy 59th birthday, Bob Sirois.