A diving man is a desperate man... - Clyde Caplan/clydeorama.com
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previews of today's rematch against the Devils, checking in with Mike Green, penalties, penalties, penalties and more...penalties.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this afternoon's matinee against the Devils from Vogs, NHL.com, AP, Peerless and Sick Unbelievable, and be sure to check out our SB Nation friends over at In Lou We Trust for more from the other side of today's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
- In general. [DSP]
- The Caps got in to just a wee bit o' penalty trouble the other night. Don't worry, guys, I don't think anyone noticed. [WaPo, DCEx, NBCW, CSNW (and again), Caps Daily]
- After a second straight loss, Adam Oates has a minor tweak to the lineup - bumping Eric Fehr up to the second line where Wojtek Wolski used to reside. [WaPo, Wash Times]
- Mike Green's status: still uncertain. Water: still wet. [WaPo, Wash Times (and again)]
- A few leftovers from Thursday's loss to the Devils as the Caps get ready to face... the Devils. [Wash Times, CSNW, NBCW, SBN, RMNB]
- If the Caps want some motivation for sticking with the system and straightening out the kinks, they need only look at their once and future opponent. [WaPo, Wash Times]
- On Thursday night Alex Ovechkin again showed flashes of his old self, and it didn't go unnoticed - now he has to remember how to finish. [WaPo, Wash Times]
- Radio hits:
- Mathieu Perreault checks in with the Sports Reporters... [ESPN980]
- ...Karl Alzner's hanging with Lavar and Dukes... [CBS Local]
- ...and Twitter's newest heartthrob talks to the Junkies about movies, injuries, penalties and, well, about being Twitter's newest heartthrob. (Nice lead-in music, too.) [Sports Junkies]
- If the season is lost (...ha, "if"), the Caps need to make sure it's not a lost cause. [Homer McFanboy]
- Somewhat related, if the Caps should continue to wallow at the bottom of the League (.......ha, "if"), which 2013 draft picks could make an instant impact next season? [ESPN ($)]
- Checking in with the goalies around the League. Yes, if the Caps' netminding duo had been better, the Caps wouldn't be so bad off. Of course that's also true of the goalscorers, the penalty-killers, the defense... [TSN]
- Nicklas Backstrom handles both "splinters" and acting with aplomb. Not surprising. Super Swede!!1 [Bog]
- Finally, happy 58th birthday to Peter Scamurra and happy 47th to John Druuuuuuce.