Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previews of tonight's game against the Devils, the latest on Mike Green, Kevlar socks, Ovi sucks and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's dance with the... well, you know... from Vogs, NHL.com, WashTimes, CSNW, Peerless, RMNB and RtR, and be sure to check out our SB Nation friends over at In Lou We Trust for more from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
- Super-interesting stuff on some of the battles within the battles - faceoffs. [Dump 'n Chase]
- Today in Alex Ovechkin: When did the Russian Machine break? [The Classical]
- ... Is Ovi the only thing holding back Ovi? [CSNW (video)]
- ... Is he "washed up"? [WaPo]
- ... His teammates come to his defense... [CSNW]
- ... And Bruce Boudreau chimes in. [Puck Daddy]
- Joel Ward did a hit on LaVar and Dukes. [106.7 the Fan (audio)]
- Twitter got a little more handsome yesterday... [Capitals Outsider, RMNB]
- ... something that seemed highly unlikely not long ago. [mediachameleon]
- The future of advanced statistical analysis in hockey is unfolding before our eyes. [NHL Numbers]
- Finally, Rod Langway reflects upon some of his Caps glory days. [Monumental (video)]