Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Recaps of last night's Caps win over Florida and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us (with quotes), Monumental video (Oates, Holtby, players), Vogs, NHL.com, AP, SportsXchange, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer), CSNW (gamer, blog, Joe B.), DCEx, Frankovic, Peerless, DSP (and again), , OutsiderSick Unbelievable, Puckhead and RMNB, and with the view from South Beach (or thereabouts), On Frozen Pond, Miami Herald, and our SB Nation friends over at Litter Box Cats.
- Nats pitchers and catchers report to Florida on Thursday, third basemen report to Verizon Center last night. [RMNB]
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's morning skate(s):
- In general. [Monumental video (Oates, Alzner), WaPo, CSNW, NBC4, DSP]
- Mathieu Perreault was back in the lineup to bring the energy. [WashTimes]
- John Erskine was back in the lineup to bring the snarl. [WashTimes]
- Marcus Johansson was out of the lineup so bring the executioner (or something). [WashTimes]
- Mike Ribeiro has made the power-play go (even if he's, like, fourth on the list of people who should be doing that). [Dump 'n Chase]
- That said... is he a keeper? [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Three questions with Mike Green. [Trib]
- Is what's wrong with the Caps what we think is what's wrong with the Caps? [RMNB]
- "George McPhee is shoveling it pretty well these days." Alrighty then. [Toronto Sun]
- The road to recovery. [NBC4]
- Remember the phrase "shared sacrifice" from the lockout? This ain't that, exactly. [RMNB, Caps Basketball]
- Guessing at the home team's roster in Sochi. [From Russia With Glove]
- The Bears are playing well. [Patriot-News (and again), LDN, SHoE]
- Nice night for Tom Wilson. [Buzzing the Net]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov intends to make good on his promise to cross the pond post-Sochi (and while most assume that means Fall 2014, don't be so quick to rule out late of that year). [RMNB]
- Watch me combine German and French: schadenfreude du jour. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Finally, happy 33rd birthday to the forementioned Mr. Ribeiro.