Sunday, Dec 8, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Madison Square Garden
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Schmidt, Alzner, Brouwer, Backstrom), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNW (gamer, blog), Peerless, Frankovic, RMNB, and from Perdsville, The Tennesseean, and On the Forecheck.
- All teh goals!
- Troy Brouwer can't stop hitting the rewind button on his DVR to see if this goal is really his to keep. [Capitals Voice, RMNB]
- No doubt on this one. Alex Ovechkin Ovis his way to goal #22 on the year and to within one of tying Peter Bondra's franchise record 137 power play tallies. [CV, PHT, CSNW]
- He's allowed to do that? Karl Alzner pots the sixth goal of his career, and first-ever at the Phone Booth. Perhaps he won't wait another 148 home games to try that again. [CV, RMNB, Caps Outsider]
- He'll always have Nashville. Nate Schmidt puts the game out of reach (give-or-take 13 seconds) with his first career goal, and his million-watt smile rivals the National Christmas Tree. [CV, RMNB, WaPo, CSNW (video), @WashCaps (pic), @WesJohnsonVoice (pic), @nateschmidt29 (and again)]
- And Eric Fehr with the dagger. [CV]
- Rich Clune went to introduce himself to Tom Wilson. Perhaps Mr. Clune will choose differently next time. [HockeyFights, RMNB, CSNW]
Tonight's probable netminders:
Keep up with the latest Caps-related Tweets right here:
Look for updates in this story stream throughout the evening, including tonight's lines, new open threads for each period, and more.
And of course... have at it, people.