Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's 5pm Sabres dance from Vogs and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partners over at Die by the Blade for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Start your day with the warm fuzzies that can only be generated by fabulous photos of Capitals hockey hugs. Glory glory. [Rink]
- Okay, Philipp Grubauer, admit it. You're straight up trolling us with all this winning, right? [WaPo, CSNW]
- Q: Sitting in third place and eleven points back of Sid Crosby and with two games in hand, could Nicklas Backstrom make a run at the Art Ross scoring title? A: Never say never, and please to resume scoring goals, Captain. Your centerman needs you! [Rant Sports]
- Is Eric Fehr a bust? [Caps Outsider]
- Brooks Laich traveled with the team to Buffalo, possibly improved enough to play tonight... [WaPo, CSNW]
- After two steps back, the Hershey Bears took a step forward with a shootout victory against the Baby Pens. [Patriot-News (and photos), SHoE]
- Dateline: Malmo, Sweden:
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday, Jakub Cutta.