Your savory breakfast links:
- If you happened to miss the Clips from this weekend, un-miss them here.
- Previews of tonight’s dance with the Ducks from Vogs, NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Anaheim Calling for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Say, you look familiar... have we met before? Bruce Boudreau prepares for his return to the Verizon Center... [WaPo, LA Times, CBS DC, OC Register, Talk the Red]
- ... and the Caps prepare for the return of their former bench boss. [WaPo, Monumental (video)]
- It's been a while since the Ducks last waddled into the Phone Booth. How long? Well, the last time they stopped by was Cody Eakin's NHL debut. And then this happened. [Rink]
- Your Capitals Minute for today. [Capitals Voice]
- A googol of goalies - Everyone's assessing the Caps' crowded crease:
- Brooks Laich is ready to play, today. But Coach is not quite sold. [CSNW]
- In either case there is a roster space available as Casey Wellman has been returned to Hershey. [@WashCaps]
- NHL typical - Rumo(u)r has it that the team in the visitors' dressing room on New Year's Day in DC will be ... the Philadelphia Flyers. Welp. [Philly.com]
- Saturday's tilt with the Devils drew a galaxy of stars. That is if a galaxy consists of Michael Phelps and Kurt Busch. [Monumental video, RMNB (and again), Caps Outsider (and again)]
- The top "fan moments" for 2013 leads off with the bestest picture ever. [Puck Daddy]
- News from Chocolatetown:
- David Leggio backstopped the Bears to their first shutout win on the season... [Patriot-News,SHoE]
- ... in their Christmas-themed jerseys. If you liked the sweaters, you will love the socks. [P-N (pics)]
- Stanislav Galiev sustained an upper-body injury in the first period on Saturday and is expected to miss at least two weeks. [P-N]
- Welcome back forward Ryan Potulny, who has re-signed with the Bears for the balance of the season.[P-N, AHL]
- And congrats to former Cap/Bear Keith Aucoin, whose overtime game-winner for the Chicago Wolves put him in sole possession of 8th place among the all-time AHL scoring leaders. [@WillhiteWolves]
- News from the World Junior Championship:
- Congrats are in order for Caps' prospect forward Riley Barber, who registered an assist in Team USA's 3-2 exhibition victory over Finland and then was named team captain. [USA Hockey, USoH, Hockey House, MU RedHawks, @MiamiOH_Hockey (pic), Caps Outsider]
- Andre Burakovsky walked the walk (after he talked the talk) by scoring Sweden's first goal (and later an assist) in a 3-0 exhibition win over Canada. [TSN (video), RMNB, Eyes on the Prize]
- Programming note: The NHL Network has announced it will broadcast 18 tournament games live, and will stream all of Team USA's games on NHL.com. Details here --> [Eyes on Isles]
- Finally, happy 31st birthday to Shaone Morrisonn.