Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Holtby, Ovechkin, Laich, Brouwer), Voice call (Ward goal), NHL.com, WaPo, Peerless, PHT, F Street Faithful, RMNB.
- Your Capitals Minute for today. [Capitals Voice]
- News and notes from yesterday's pregame hours:
- The Week That Was, Volume Six. [Peerless, RMNB, and Canes Country takes a look at a muddle of middlin' in the Metropolitan]
- The Caps join some elite company among teams that did rebuilding right. Yes, but. [NHL.com]
- Winning streak, schminning streak... [WashTimes]
- ...and the Avs are now 7-1 against Eastern teams. Whatevs. [Denver Post (Dater advisory)]
- We'll always have special teams. Right? [PHT]
- Dear Gary Bettman: Go, Flyerz. [Puck Daddy]
- Hershey's Sunday shootout loss to Binghamton was notable for a right leg injury that took Tomas Kundratek out of the game, and a vicious slash to (acquired for Mathieu Perreault) John Mitchell, who ultimately tied the game with a shorty. [Patriot-News (and again), SHoE (and don't miss the specialty unis)]
- It's the not-creepy-at-all-no-way-no-how hockey-player-printed blanket ... with sleeves. [Caps Outsider]
- Happy 41st birthday to Steve Konowalchuk.
- Finally, on this and every day, we thank all who have served and are serving in the armed forces, standing watch all 'round the world. Salute.
More from Japers' Rink:
- Capitals vs. Avalanche Recap: A Mile Not So High
- Capitals vs. Coyotes Recap: Washington Lets One, Game and Point, Slip Away
- Capitals Re-Sign Jason Chimera