As some of you may know, I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon 10K this Sunday in honor of my deceased aunt in order to raise funds for Jill's House, a respite care center for children with intellectual disabilities just like my Aunt Amy and their families. This is by far the longest I've ever attempted to run competitively, but it's for a GREAT cause as Jill's House serves boys and girls ages six through seventeen with intellectual disabilities without regard to race, religion, or ethnicity in the Greater Washington, DC area. You can learn more about their incredible mission and services here.
Anywho - there's only a few days left and I've still got a ways to go funding-wise, so I'm offering up FREE Caps swag in addition to matching everyone's donation (the latter up to the first $2,000 donated). If you'd like to partner with myself and Jill's House, just follow this link and make your online donation, and chose from your list of Caps SWAG below:
- Caps red bucket hat (minimum donation of $10 please)
- Caps red winter scarf (minimum donation of $20 please)
- Jason Chimera Away Bobblehead (minimum donation of $30 please)
- Alex Ovechkin Away Bobblehead (minimum donation of $40 please)
- Acela Club pass and Club Restaurant Chef's Table all-you-can-eat pass for a game of your choice (suggested minimum donation of $75)*
- Single game ticket in the Acela Club level of your choice from a list of 22 games (minimum donation of $100 please)
Please note that 100% of the proceeds go directly to Jill's House, and I'll be matching your gift, so in addition to getting Caps SWAG, you'll also be doubling your money and helping out a GREAT cause! All you need to do is donate online via this link, and then notify me via the comments below what you'd like. I'll bring it to the Verizon Center on 11/2 before the game and I can give it to you then, or any Caps home game thereafter.
Thanks for your consideration and go #TeamJillsHouse... and of course, GO CAPS!!!
*NOTE: Requires game-day ticket as well. I only have one of these to give away at current so first-come, first-served!